Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

A fresh start

Welcome to Not Your Average Beach Bum! Having just celebrated my birthday, the beginning of this blog marks a fresh start for me in more than one area of my life. Sharing new outfit ideas, recipes, beauty products, and other random purchases is something I love to do with friends and family, so I figured why not try blogging and make other people smile about new discoveries? I'm looking forward to connecting with you along the way as well, so please do email me at the address at the bottom of the page!

http://s9.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/78D00C6B.jpg

The Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment is the perfect product for the blog's fresh start. I wore the same lip treatment for around 10 years before this little treasure gallantly made its was on to my lips. Thanks to Belle at Capitol Hill Style, I decided to give this one a try- and it really does live up to the hype. The tint is just the perfect amount of color, which I can say without a doubt because it gives some tint to my lips AND I still get kisses from my lip balm-averse boyfriend :)

While the texture is perfect by making your lips feel hydrated without needing to blot off any excess, the final kicker for me was the SPF 15. I have really learned the lesson of protecting my skin from sun damage (posts on acne and scarring are definitely headed your way), and my lips are no exception. Not to mention that I look like a clown on the days my lips get sunburned.

Do you have any go-to lip treatment? Is SPF a criteria for your daily choice?

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites too that I've been using for years. Twinsies! Shocker ;)

    ReplyDelete