Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

You didn't know you wanted... homemade stationery


A personal note sent through the mail is quite possibly one of the most genuine ways to show someone that they're appreciated. I actually mail a little hello every week in addition to whatever birthday or holiday cards I write. So when I saw some blank stock cards, a glitter set, and glue pen at T.J. Maxx for only $7, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make my handwritten "texts" even more sincere.


To make these, you simply use the glue pen to transcribe your message as you would a normal pen and then pour the glitter on the glue surface before it dries. I removed the excess glitter by hanging the card over a piece of scrap paper and funneling it back into the glitter container. When sending the note in the mail, place a note card in between the glitter and the inside of the envelope to protect your handy work :)

What's your favorite kind of stationery? Do you ever send notes through the mail just because?

1 comment: